These are a staple in my house. There are few occasions when I dont have some ready made bliss balls in the fridge or freezer, they make a yummy one handed snack and are an easy addition to my husbands lunch box, and the best part is- they are incredibly easy to make.
- 1 cup of mixed nuts or seeds, almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds etc
- 1/2 cup of no added sugar organic dried/ dedicated coconut
- 2 Tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp of mesquite powder (optional but highly recommend)
- 1 Tbsp of raw cacoa nibs (optional but highly recommended)
- 4 – 5 large medjool (freshl dates
- 1 Tbsp of water
- Add all ingredients except the dates and water to you food processor. Blend on high for around 30 seconds.
- Add medjool dates, blitz for another 30 seconds – one minute, until the mixture is fine and holding together.
- Test the mixture by rolling some in a ball, if it isn’t holding together add 1 Tbsp of water and blend to combine.
- Roll into balls, I usually get around 10. But feel free to make them bigger or smaller.
- You can choose to leave them as they are, or roll them in a variety of coatings. Coconut, cacao nibs, cacao powder, goji berries, seeds, what ever tickles your fancy!
- Keep them stored in the fridge or double the batch and put some in a zip lock bag in the freezer.