If chickpea cookies are a new concept to you, read on: they are a lot tastier than they sound.
I personally love the texture of these cookies and they are gluten free, full of protein and good fats. They are also refinned sugar free- yee har!
You can make then nut free by replacing the peaunut butter with tahini (sesame seed butter)
MAKES 10/ 15 COOKIES
- 1 can of organic chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of 100% peaunut butter
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of dark choc chips ( or cut into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two trays with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients exept choc chips in your food processor.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down sides regularly.
- Add choc chips and mix through with a spoon.
- Use two tablespoons to spoon mixture onto trays.
- Bake for 20- 25mins. Remove when cookies are a nice golden colour.
- Keep stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days.