This recipe is sure to please even the biggest grain lovers. It’s got a lovely texure that you expect with a flat bread and is lovely with dips, spreads or a drizzle of olive oil.
Feel free to get creative with herb toppings, I just had rosemary and thyme is the garden so that’s what I’ve used but just garlic and salt would be a winner too.
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of good quality salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of organic milk or coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp of organic butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- Topping options, rosemary, thyme, olives, pink salt, olive oil.
- Preheat oven to highest temp possible.
- Place large baking tray in the oven to warm.
- Sift dry ingredients in bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, gently warm milk and butter/coconut oil.
- Wisk egg in separate bowl.
- Add warmed milk/butter mixture and egg to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Allow mixture to rest 5 minutes.
- Place some baking paper on the bench and using a spatula form two 20cm round flat breads.
- Top with garlic and your choice of toppings.
- Gently slide the baking paper onto the preheated baking tray.
- Cook for 7-9mins.
- Drizzle with olive oil before serving.