Don’t you love plants?? How amazing is it that we can plant a little seed, up it sprouts to produce something as versitle as the cauliflower, that with only a hand full of ingredients gets made into a delicious base for pizza.
Ah the amazement of wholefoods still excited me.
The base for this pizza is a different texture to your average Italian classic but I find it seriously enjoyable in its own unique way.
- 500gm of cauliflower (about half a medium size cauli)
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/3 cup of nutritional / savoury yeast
- 1.5 tsp of sea salt
- 4 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 cup of roasted pumpkin
- 1 cup of silverbeet
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 of a capsicum
- Sprouts to serve (optional)
For the sauce:
- 4 Tbsp of Mayvers Tahini
- 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp of tamari
- 4-5 tbsp of water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and place two baking trays in.
- Roughly cut up the cauliflower so it can go in the food processor. Place 1/3 of the cauli in the processor and blitz till a very fine crib forms. Transfer to a mixing bowl removing and large chunks that didn’t process and placing back in the processor. Add the next third and repeat till all the cauli is in a fine crumb.
- Add the eggs to the processor and blitz to combine.
- Add eggs to the cauli along with the nutritional yeast and salt.
- Remove baking trays from oven and line with baking paper.
- Make two 20cm pizzas bases, using a spatula to form. Mix the mixture by hand again before making the second base.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden around the edges and well set.
- Sauté the onion in coconut oil over medium heat until translucent. Add the spinach and sauté till soft.
- Remove bases from oven. Let cool down for 5 minutes before adding 2 tbsp of tomato paste to each pizza then adding the spinach and onion mix, pumpkin and capsicum.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce. Mix all ingredients, except water, in a bowl or jar. Combine well then add the water.
- Drizzle over pizza and top with sprouts if using.
- Enjoy !