It’s got the WOW factor!
Great for serving to people who are new to healthy living- they will never know the difference!
This makes a small cake (8 small serves but it’s quite rich so a small serve is sufficient)
If you can’t get hold of the caramel chocolate, the dark chocolate alone is lovely.
- 1/2 cup of activated nuts
- 1/2 cup of dedicated coconut
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
- 2 T of raw cacao powder
- 1 T of raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of sultanas
- 2 T of water
Caramel layer :
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked minimum 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk or cream
- 8 large medjool dates
- 1 tsp of pink salt
- 2 T of Mayvers unhulled tahini
- 1 tsp of mesquite powder (optional)
- 3 T of coconut oil
Top chocolate and caramel:
- 2 T of coconut oil
- 1 T of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 T of pure maple syrup
- 3 squares of loving earth caramel chocolate
- Line the base of a 18cm spring form pan with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients for base (except water) in food processor. Blend on high to combine.
- Add the water. The mixture should hold together well, if not, slowly add a small amount of water.
- Press base mixture into pan and smooth with your fingers or a spoon/ spatula.
- Add all the ingredients for the caramel layer to the food processor, blend on high till the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour onto base layer and place in the freezer to set for a min of 4 hours.
- Once set, melt the 1 T of the coconut oil over low heat. Sift in the cacao powder, and add the maple. Allow to cool slightly to thicken a little before using a spoon to drizzle it on top.
- Then melt the other 1 T of coconut oil with the caramel chocolate and repeat.