Nanie bread:; very similar to banana bread only much funner to play with and throw on the floor.
I love being a Mum I really do 😜
But seriously.. This banana bread is SO GOOD! I’d say my best yet.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! The tapioca flour gives it a really nice texture, I’ve never made it with tapioca flour before but I didn’t have enough almond meal and voila! New recipe!
MAKES 10 serves
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 cup of tapioca/ arrowroot flour
- 3 very ripe bananas (nanies)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp of 100% vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place walnuts in food processor and pulse to chop.
- Remove walnuts.
- Add all other ingredients and blend on high till a smooth batter forms.
- Stir through chopped walnuts, reserving a hand full to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 50-55mins, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to sit in the tin for at least 15mins before removing.
- Serve warm with butter.
- Keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Ps- That’s Issy the dachshund in the back ground soaking up some winter sun ☺️