Here it is….
The looong awaited recipe that I actually thought I posted months ago after it was a hit at and my summer yoga retreats.
Then I went to find it for a friend yesterday and realized maybe I didn’t actually post it after all.
Apologises but i hope it’s worth the wait.
I love this salad because it keeps so well, I make up a big batch and it will keep in the fridge for days. Cook once eat thrice. Feel free to double the recipe if cooking for a big family.
It’s a good one for a cold winter night or to bring along to a summer bbq. It’s yummy by its self or as a side.
I’ve even been known to have it for breakie with an egg, yum!
Serves 4 as a main or 6-8 as a side.
• 1 large eggplant
• 2 small onions
• 1 red capsicum
• 3 large potatoes
•1 large sweet potato
• 4 cups (around a 160g bag) of baby spinach
• 6 Tbsp of coconut or olive oil
• 2 Tbsp of dried herbs (parsley and basil work well)
• salt and pepper
• 2 Tbsp of hulled tahini
• 1 Tbsp of raw honey
• 3 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp of turmeric
• 1/2 tsp of black pepper
• 1/2 tsp of pink salt
• 2 Tbsp of water
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2) Wrap onions and capsicum in foil and pop in the oven.
3) Chop the eggplant into 1 inch cubes and drizzle with 3 Tbsp of oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and leave to soak while you chop the other veggies. The eggplant will absorb a lot of oil and will taste dry with out it.
4) Chop all the other veggies into cubes and drizzle with oil. Season with salt, pepper and you choice of herbs.
5) Place all ingredients onto baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 35 mins, or until golden and soft.
6) While the veggies are baking, add all the dressing ingredients except the water to a small bowl and mix well. Add the water and stir through. It will thicken up after a few minutes.
7) Remove veggies from the oven and un wrap the capsicum and onion. Allow to cool slightly then remove skin from the capsicum, remove seeds and slice into thin strips. Do the same with the onion, removing the outer layer.
8) Place all ingredients into a large serving bowl and mix though half the dressing.
9) Serve and use the rest of the dressing to drizzle on top.