TART BASE –
• 1.5 cups of almond meal
• 1/2 cup of arrowroot powder
• 1 Tbsp of cold water
• 3 Tbsp of cold butter (chopped)
• 1 egg
• pinch of salt
• 1 onion
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 tsp of seeded mustard
• 1/2 cup of fresh parsley
• 7 eggs
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 1/4 cup of nutritional/ savory yeast (optional- but so yummy & nutrient dense!)
• 1 cup of roast veggies (pumpkin/ sweet potato/ carrot etc)
• 2 Tbsp of olive oil
• 1 cup of chopped brocolli
• 70 gm of fetta
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 1 tsp of pepper
• 1 tsp of butter
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2) Chop all veggies, except brocolli, drizzle with 1 Tbsp of oil and a sprinkle of salt and bake for around 30mins.
3) Whisk 1 egg then add all ingredients other for the base in a food processor and pulse until the mixture just comes together. Being careful not to over mix. I use the thermomix, reverse – speed 5 for 20 seconds.
4) Remove dough and kneed to bring it into a ball. Cover with cling wrap and pop in the fridge for half and hour to firm up slightly.
6) Peel onion and garlic, chop onion in quarters and add to the food processor. Blend till finely chopped.
7) Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a fry pan over medium heat and brown off onion and garlic for 2 mins.
8) Remove dough from fridge and roll into a circle to fit your tart pan. I used a 24cm. This dough is a little sticker than traditional dough so it helped to roll in between two large peices of baking paper.
9) Use 1 tsp of butter to grease the pan then carefully transfer dough to pan and press up the sides. Trimming around the edge and using any left over bits to fill in gaps.
12) Remove tart base from the oven and add the roast veggies, brocolli, parsley, onion and garlic, and egg mixture. Top with pepper, and fetta.
13) Bake for 30mins. Cover with foil and bake for another 10mins.
14) Slice straight from the pan or allow it to cool slightly then place a plate on top and flip it out.
15) Its really yummy served with fresh salad with balsamic dressing.