If you haven’t tried zoodles (zucchini noodles) yet you are in for a treat. They are a nice alternative to gluten free pasta on a warm Summer’s night and are a good way to increase your daily veggie intake.
This is my basic recipe but I like to make other variations too some are:
– baby spinach and tomato stired though.
– sundried tomato and fetta
– pasture raised chicken breast
I actually prefer this one as a side, I serve it up on my yoga retreats with a variety of other wholesome salads.
Serves 5 as a side.
• 5 zucchinis
• 2 tsp of salt
Basil pesto –
• 1 cup cashews (soaked 1 hr)
• 1 large bunch of basil, approx 1 cup firmly packed leaves only.
• 1/4 cup of olive oil
• 1/3 cup of savory yeast powder
• 3 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
• 1 tsp of natural salt
• 1 tsp of pepper
1. Use a spiralizer to make zucchinis into zoodles. Do this over a colander.
2. Sprinkle salt over zoodles and leave to sit while you make the pesto.
3. Blend all ingredients in food processor to your liking. Sometimes I make it really smooth other times I prefer a chunky pesto.
4. Squeeze zoodles over colander to remove excess liquid, try to sneeze out as much as you can so you don’t have soggy zoodles.
5. Add pesto and zoodles to a large bowl and mix well.