The winter weather has well and truly hit here in Orange NSW, and it is the perfect weather for getting cosy with a cuppa and savouring a wholefoods treat with a book or movie.
Self care is so important and it doesn’t need to be extravagant. In fact, self care can be doing what you normally do but with a different intention.
For example, we’re probably going to make a hot drink (or 5) at some point in the day anyway, so we can choose to:
A) mindless drink it while we’re standing up writing back to messages or doing another task or
B) we can spend 5 minutes sitting down, taking some deep breaths, putting a song on that makes us feel good etc
Just 5 mins can change your perception of the whole day, suddenly that thing you were stressing about doesn’t seem such a huge deal. This is your daily reminder to put your phone down and take 5 S L O W deeeep breaths.
Ahh how good is breathing?!
Accountability plays a big role is us actually following through with our goals so let me know below, what are you going to do this week for some self care?
Don’t forget to tag me on Insta @pennytodman_sauchaliving so I can see the pics of your creations.
Get cosy and enjoy these decent little chocolate tarts.
Makes 14 small tarts.
• 1 cup of desiccated coconut
• 1 cup of pitted dates (check the seeds have been removed)
• 1/2 cup of almonds
• 3 Tbsp of raw cacao power
• 3 drops of therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil
• Pinch of pink/ sea salt
• 1-2 Tbsp of water
• 1 can of full fat coconut cream (270ml)
• 3 Tbsp of pure maple syrup
• 2 Tbsp of raw cacao powder
• 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
• 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
• Pinch of pink/ sea salt
1. Line a mini muffin baking tray with cling wrap. Alternatively you can just use your regular slice tin if you’re short on time.
2. Place all the base ingredients (except water) in a high powered food processor and blitz on high until the mixture starts to come together (approx 30 seconds to 1 minute). Be sure not to over blend.
3. Add the water and blitz again so the minute holds together well.
4. Divide base mixture into 16 portions (approx 16 Tbsp). Press mixture into tin making the mini moulds for the tarts.
5. Place into freezer for at least 15mins.
6. Place all the ingredients for the filling in the food processor and blend on high until for 2 mins.
7. Remove the base from the freezer. Gently lift the cling wrap to remove each tart carefully. Place on a flat baking tray or plate and spoon or pipe in the filling.
8. Dust with a tiny bit of raw cacao (optional)
9. Place in the freezer for 2 hours to set.
10. Remove from the freezer 15 mins before serving.
11. Store in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for 2 months.
Need therapeutic grade peppermint oil?
I can help you out, just send me an email