Homemade dips are a delicious opportunity to amp up your daily veggie content.
A good dollop served with a savoury breakie not only allows us to get in extra antioxidants but it makes your meal look like it’s fresh out of your hipster cafe’s kitchen, and we do eat with our eyes.
Beetroot are one of the most high antioxidant foods so are a good food to include in your diet for glowing skin.
A little harvest of baby beetroot’s from my garden.
1 large beetroot or 2 small
1/4 cup of coconut cream or natural yoghurt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic
3 Tbsp of olive oil
2 Tbsp of Zatar spice
1 Tsp of sea salt
1 Tsp of black pepper
1. Wrap beetroot in foil and bake in oven at 180 degrees for 45mins- an hour, depending on the size of beetroot. The beets are ready when a fork goes in easily.
2. Remove beetroots from oven and unwrap them to cool.
3. Once cool, remove the beetroot skin and dice.
4. Add all other ingredients to a food processor and blend on high until completely smooth.
5. Serve with veggie sticks, or, with the almond, hemp and flax crackers.