This recipe is ridiculously easy, but, super delicious.
I’ve been making this most afternoons for my girls and its reasurring knowing they are getting goodness like protein and essential fats from the egg yolk all while enjoying one of their all time favourite treats.
- 2 large or 3 small frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp of coconut cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 Tbsp of raw honey for topping
- Cut frozen banana into 1 inch pieces.
- Put in a high speed blender or food processor and blitz for around 5 seconds until the banana has been broken up. Scrap down sides and blend on medium to low for around 20 seconds until it starts to resemble ice-cream texture.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend on low for 30 seconds until combined and fluffy.
- Drizzle with raw honey
There is a fine line here with getting the ice-cream fluffy without over mixing it into a smoothie.
Making sure the banana is smooth before adding the other ingredients makes a big difference, and will result is an extra creamy treat.
This ice cream tends to melt quickly, if it’s a really hot day i’ll put the bowls in the freezer for 5 mins to prevent it melting too quickly.